Hello, thanks for coming on over,

The Autodesk Northern Europe Manufacturing Blog has now moved to a new home. Please come over and join us at.....


This blog will not be updated.

Friday, 13 August 2010

I love this stuff......

I love working in manufacturing, I love spending time with design engineers, manufacturers and production teams. I love walking through shop floors watching things being produced from raw materials to something useful and wanted. And I love the smell of swarf!! (and thats not the guy off Star Trek with the funny forehead before you ask!)

However, I also love something almost as much as I love manufacturing, and that's watching the amazing output that users of the Autodesk media and entertainment tools like 3ds Max, Maya and Softimage are creating. I watched Wall-E again last night (which was created using Autodesk Maya) with my 4 year old son and still sit in amazement at the wonders Pixar are able to come up with - both story and visually!

To give you an idea of the kinds of things users of 3ds Max, Maya and Softimage are coming up with, have a watch of this showreel that was aired at the recent Siggraph exhibition in Los Angeles:




Now, enough of that and lets get back to raw stock, cnc machines, grease, oil and bills of materials!